Get involved, take action!
Join us in supporting rural communities in Jinja, Uganda. Volunteers help us achieve our goal to improve the livelihoods and resilience of the local communities. With your support, we are able to expand existing projects and reach more vulnerable communities each year.
We seek volunteers who could support us in our local community development projects, as well as in local schools and clinics. Our volunteer program runs from 2 weeks to 6 months, and is tailored to your specific needs.
We are looking for volunteers with various background and experience to support our ongoing projects. Our projects fall into three main categories:
- Household Economic Empowerment
- Public Health
Therefore, we welcome:
- Experienced teaching practitioners who would like to teach and mentor, but also provide teacher-training and capacity-building
- Experienced medical practitioners who would like to work in our community outreach clinics
- Individuals who would like to extend a helping hand to our various community development projects
Whilst volunteers are integrated into our ongoing projects, we are also committed to investing in your growth and personal development during your time with us.
Please fill out the contact form below if you would like to know more about available volunteering positions!
Fees and Costs
Our volunteer program has a registration fee of EUR 100. This fee is valid for 12 months and is used to cover all pre-departure support services that we provide, as well as to support our ongoing community development projects.
The cost of volunteering includes accommodation, food, transport and in-country support. Please note that every cent of your program fee is going back to the local organization and the rural communities we work with. Our local partners are grassroot organizations who, in many cases, are solely funded by volunteer fees.
|Program costs (in EUR):
Registration fee: EUR 100
Program does not include:
- Round-trip airfare
- Return trip to airport
- Visa fees
- Mandatory travel and medical insurance
- You gain hands-on skills and experience in community and international development work
- You gain exceptional cross-cultural experiences working in grassroot communities in Uganda
- You transform the lives of marginalized communities and people you work with
Apply Now and Start Changing Lives. Use the form below to get in touch!
Participants must be at least 18 years old or older at the start of their volunteer program.
Contact us directly at email@example.com
Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheUmbrellaofHopeUganda
The Umbrella of Hope is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.